Freitag, 15. April 2011

Taylor Lautner Fights For His Right To 'Twilight' In His #1 MTV Moment

Lautner will debut the 'Abduction' trailer and chat with MTV News tonight at 7:56 p.m. ET!
By Jocelyn Vena


Taylor Lautner
Photo: MTV News

After finding phenomenal success as Jacob Black in the first "Twilight" movie, Taylor Lautner's role as the lovable werewolf was in jeopardy by the time talk of "New Moon" began to ramp up in December 2008. There seemed to be a chance that the then-scrawny Lautner might not return to the flick.

Before tonight's "MTV First: Taylor Lautner" debut at 7:56 p.m. ET on air and online, we've been counting down Lautner's finest MTV moments — and at #1, we see him fighting to keep his role as Jacob Black.

"I have been working out. I've been working out since the day we finished filming 'Twilight.' I just weighed myself today; I've put on 19 pounds," he told MTV News of how he was working to ensure he'd be Jacob from movie one right through the very last flick.

The actor admitted that he was working hard and fast to make sure he could be the Jacob that author Stephanie Meyer had always envisioned. "I'm guaranteeing [director Chris] Weitz 10 more [pounds] by filming. I get to meet Chris on Friday, in two days, so I'm excited," he said. "I'm going to have lunch with him."

Well, whatever Lautner did and worked. It's now April 2011, and with production basically wrapped on the very last film in the franchise, it's clear the actor and the fans couldn't imagine anyone else playing the role.

"My job for 'Twilight' was to bring 'Twilight' Jacob to life — the friendly, happy-go-lucky little Jacob," Lautner explained back then of his arc. "And my job for 'New Moon' is completely different; I've been looking forward to that. I've been getting ready for it, and I can assure them that I will follow through with that job."

Don't miss "MTV First: Taylor Lautner" tonight at 7:56 p.m. ET on MTV and MTV.com. Tune in to see Lautner debut the trailer for "Abduction," followed by a live 30-minute interview on MTV.com. Tweet questions using the hashtag #asktaylor to get in the conversation!

Related Videos Related Photos

Source: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1661824/taylor-lautner-twilight-abduction.jhtml

The Pussycat Dolls Thora Birch Tila Tequila Tina Fey Tricia Helfer

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen