Donnerstag, 29. September 2011

Ellen DeGeneres Treated for Chest Pains

Ellen DeGeneres Treated for Chest Pains

After a brief health scare Monday morning, Ellen DeGeneres has reassured her fans that she is doing just fine. The 53-year-old comedian and talk-show host said she felt "tightness and heaviness" in her chest on Sunday, but waited until Monday morning to get it checked out.

She dialed 911, and paramedics showed up on the set of the Burbank-based The Ellen DeGeneres Show to treat her. TMZ was the first to break the news, reporting that the Burbank Fire Department showed up to the Warner Bros. lot after DeGeneres suffered chest pains during a producers' meeting. After receiving treatment, however, DeGeneres continued on with her planned taping of the show, which will air today, reassuring viewers that there was no need to worry.

"First of all, I'm fine. Let me just say, I'm fine," she told the audience. "I don't know what it is, but it's fine." And, because she's Ellen, she even poked fun at the incident.

"The paramedics were strippers that I had called. That's how the rumors got started," she joked. "I woke up in the middle of the night... (feeling) like something was heavy on my chest, and it was a cat, so I moved it. I still felt the tightness and heaviness, so there was another cat under that cat. There were two cats on my chest."

In all seriousness, DeGeneres says she is thankful for the quick response time of the paramedics and for her concerned fans.

"It's better to be safe than sorry. Who doesn't want to see a fireman occasionally?" she said. "I want to say thank you to all the paramedics and the nurses who showed up... I appreciate it." 

Source: http://www.ivillage.com/ellen-degeneres-treated-chest-pains/1-a-386166

Nicole Scherzinger Nicollette Sheridan Nikki Cox Nikki Reed Norah Jones

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen